Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fashion Trend of the Week- The Peplum


    A peplum is defined as; A short flared, gathered or pleated strip of fabric attached at the waist of a woman's jacket, dress or blouse. The peplum is something that designers seem to be obsessed with this spring. Although I have always loved fashion, I can not say I have always dove head first into every trend. I decide if I like a trend based on how it fits me, I will not just wear something because it is trendy and "everyone else is doing it". I like to be unique and original and sometimes the trends are not "me" at all.
    At first I might say I have not worn a whole lot of the peplum, but it is a trend that you may be wearing and not really notice that you are. A lot of jackets have a little pleat and flare in them that is considered a peplum. In the past I usually would sport this trend in more of a business attire. Now I am seeing more and more adorable casual outfits that have the peplum style. Shockingly enough I am really liking this trend, although I was hesitant at first. I do believe it is really easy to make this trend look absolutely horrendous, so you have to be careful. There are ways to make sure you are not standing out in all the wrong ways.
Jason Wu peplum dress is just adorable. It stands out in all the right ways and makes you look fabulous. I suppose that is a given since it is Jason Wu.

This Jason Wu peplum look is more subtle and elegant.
The celebrities are rocking this gorgeous new peplum trend at prestige red carpet events. Left Tina Fay kept it simple with this Carolina Herrera gown and right is Michelle Williams wearing Louis Vuitton in this gorgeous tangerine peplum dress.
You can find this Peplum Candy Orange Dress at Lulus. It is simple but still gorgeous and can be accessorized to perfection with the right pieces.

Sleeveless Peplum Fitted Little Black Dress now $39.99 was $69. This sexy black dress can be found at Macy's at this fabulous price.

This Purple Ponte Peplum Dress $55 at DorothyPerkins.com is simple and stylish.
I adore this pretty, classy Gianni Bini Ginger Peplum Dress, which can be bought at Dillards for $118. I am all about a great deal but something about this dress is making me want to explore my frivolous side. Lets be completely honest, this dress is worth every penny and more. It has a delectable 1940's vogue style to it that I am in love with and maybe a little bit obsessed.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Marfa Peplum dress can be found at Bloomingdales for $598.
This jacket it perfect for someone who is not a fan of peplum dresses, skirts or tops. Everyone loves a jacket with a little trendy flair. This Houndstooth Peplum Jacket is found at yestyle.com for $99. Any gorgeous peplum jacket can be found with a smal pleat or a large pleat, with a little flare or a big flare. This makes it easier for any womans unique style to fit into the trend perfectly.

Hope you enjoy this new trend and share any amazing fashion finds with us. I want to put together a cute look with this new trend very soon. Enjoy your week everyone and keep checking back.
As Always, Stay Fashionable!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sales and Promotional Codes

Will be posting codes soon